Wednesday 29 September 2010

Photos

Mark Robert Halper is one of my biggest influences because of the colour of his pictures and the way that the people in them look. Here are some examples of his work:







From looking at his work i realised that he uses very little editing on his pictures to give this effect and i have noticed that lighting plays a huge part in his work. The lighting is geerally dark with a slight bit of lighting in them to give them an eary effect.
I have tried to re-create these images using different lighting, here is my response to his work:








I researched magnum photography to see if the genre of the pictures fitted with the genre of my music video, these are the pictures that i think fit best with my idea:







Although these pictures don't portray the same story that i am trying to get across, i feel that they're facial expressions and body language tell a sad story to the audience and this is why they have had a big influence on my idea, within my music video i will be using shots like this and you will be able to see the contrast in colours and stance that i will be putting my actors in to create this kind of image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment